When you’re ready for a new look for your home, your budget may not stretch far enough to replace every piece of furniture in a room. Keeping what you love and what works in your home while strategically adding new pieces is a great way to save money.
It doesn’t matter if you are moving or redecorating, it is important to know what to keep. How do you decide what should stay and what should go?
To determine how much furniture you will need, you should first draw a floorplan. Next, measure out your space and tape it. This will allow you to see what furniture will work best in it. This will help you identify the areas where Furniture needs to be added.
Which furniture styles are easiest to add to your space?
You don’t need to keep the same style when you add new Furniture to your home. many styles can be incorporated into your home. Furniture with simple lines like mid-century modern and contemporary pieces is best. These styles are a great way to update your space without spending a lot.
Transitional is a style that blends contemporary and traditional styles. This style is great for updating an older home without having to change your decorating style.
Simple additions will not detract from the style story of your room if it already has one. Look for new, dynamic pieces if your room is simple or neutral.
How to make the most of new Furniture
Even if you choose only a few pieces, the right furniture and accessories can impact the look of your space. These are the Furniture that makes a statement.
- Accent Chairs: Create a new area of conversation in your living space.
- Dining Room chairs: Colorful dining chairs can transform a dull room.
- Dining Room Bench – Need more space? You can make your dining room look more modern by adding a bench to replace the two chairs.
- Bedroom Accent Chair and Bench are two examples of simple seating spaces that can be found in every bedroom.
- Console Table for Foyer: Add this accent piece to brighten your home’s entranceway.
- Pouffes and Ottomans: Bold colours and boho fabrics are in fashion now.
- Chair and Sofa Covers: These high-quality covers will extend the life span of your chair and sofa and allow you to add new colours and textures to your living space.
- New Lamps: Lamps and light fixtures can become outdated after a while. A new lamp can instantly lift the mood in a dark room.
How to use colour to style old and new Furniture together
The colour that ties your Furniture together with your new pieces is called colour. It’s easy to make your new style pop by using colour as your unifying element. These are some ways to get the most from colour in your home.
- You can use your existing colour palette: If you like it now, you can shop for new furniture or decor that matches everything you have.
- You can add one or two new accent colours to your colour scheme.